From virtual learning to virtual internships
One of the key elements that makes Kennesaw State an attractive option for potential students is the opportunity to learn through engagement. KSU's faculty and staff are particularly adept at providing students with the proper tools for building successful careers.
Every summer, students take advantage of the many new learning opportunities that happen outside of the classroom. And this year, despite some unprecedented restrictions on the ways business is conducted nationwide, Kennesaw State students are continuing to excel through virtual internships.
Here are just a few examples of some of the students and the companies who are providing these valuable on-the-job experiences:
- Benjamin Uranga, a junior interactive design major, has been with The Home Depot as a user experience intern working with product teams to bring designs to life while building skills in research, information architecture, interaction design and visual design.
- Adolfo Garcia, a junior electrical engineering major, has been serving as a full-time co-op student at Panduit Corporation assisting in new product development design and implementation process as well as quality control.
- Jeremiah Hayes, a senior Honors student and industrial and systems engineering major, has been interning with Chick-fil-A to help operators address issues surrounding COVID-19.
- Maverick Jones, a Coles Scholar and a senior majoring in information systems, is a technical solutions specialist intern who was set to travel to Dallas, Texas to intern with IBM. Instead, he is working with the company remotely.
- Erick Castillo, a senior marketing major, has been interning with the inside sales department at NCR, learning how the company recruits and handles client accounts for their products.
- Cammie Conn, a junior theatre and performance studies major, has been working as an intern with PivotPath, a local digital marketing agency, writing blog pieces about digital marketing and helping to create social media marketing content.
- Kamari Davis, a senior majoring in finance, is a claims intern with UPS Capital, the insurance/financial subsidiary of UPS. He is learning how to optimize the process for claim adjusters and developing efficient training for incoming claim adjusters.
- Elayna Harris, a senior criminal justice major, has been interning with the Evan Guthrie Law Firm in South Carolina and writing research-based articles about criminal justice and law to publish on the lawyer’s website.
- Eric Jacobs, a senior professional sales major, has a virtual sales internship with Ecolab, where he works with hospitality businesses to ensure safety during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Ashiv Sharma, a senior software engineering major, is interning with Pandora on its client applications engineering team. Ashiv is working to create a tool that will help software engineers improve user interactions on the Pandora app for iPhones and Android.
We are grateful to these and the many other companies who have gone the extra mile to help make these opportunities available to our students.